This warranty is valid for the owner of a single residence in which the owner is the primary occupant, and in which All Quartz Surfaces was originally installed. It does not cover any application for use in a commercial property, rental properties, motels/hotels, temporary residences, or buildings designed for business.
When installed in a newly constructed home, the owner/occupant taking possession of the single family residence from the builder will be considered the owner, and will have full rights under this warranty.
All Quartz Surfaces, when fabricated and permanently installed by a licensed installer, in a single family residence shall be covered under this warranty for manufacturing defects, for a period of fifteen (15) years from original installation. Claims relating to faulty installation are not covered by this warranty and must be addressed with installer.
Commencement of this warranty shall be the date of original installation and will cover the repair or replacement of the defective material.
In all cases, resolution of the claim, whether repair or replacement, is at the sole discretion of Intl Stone Design.
Terms and Conditions:
This warranty applies only to products that were installed after August 1, 2013.
I.To register your purchase of All Quartz Surfaces, you may complete the online registration at www.stonedesignmiami.com/registerwarranty.
II. To file a warranty claim you must contact the fabricator where All Quartz Surfaces was purchase within 30 days of failure. You may also contact Intl Stone Design USA Incat 305-688-9110 within this time frame.
III. If you have failed to register your All Quartz Surfaces installation, or for some reason no registration is on file, Intl Stone Design USA Inc will honor its obligations under this warranty, as long as the following are provided: written documentation, such as a receipt or invoice, showing the fabricator that sold the All Quartz Surfaces, the certified installer who performed the installation, the date of installation and the owner of the property, as defined above, who purchased All Quartz Surfaces, and to whom the warranty was issued.
IV. This warranty applies to All Quartz Surfaces products supplied by Intl Stone Design USA Inc. In no way does it apply to any other products or materials supplied by any other manufacturer or supplier, including other quartz products.
V. All Quartz Surfaces must be maintained according to the All Quartz Surfaces Care and Maintenance guidelines to be eligible under this warranty.
VI. This warranty is valid only for All Quartz Surfaces installed in a single family residence, and only when the owner is the primary occupant.
VII. This warranty is valid only when All Quartz Surfaces was permanently installed and has not been moved from its original installation.
VIII. This warranty only covers materials that have been paid in full.
IX. In order to receive redress under your warranty claim, you must grant access to Intl Stone Design USA Inc or its authorized agents to inspect and access the validity of the claim. You must additionally agree to cooperate in their effort to satisfy the obligations of this warranty.
X. Intl Stone Design USA Inc will repair or replace, at its discretion, material covered under this warranty that failed due to manufacturing defect.
XI. In the event of replacement, exact color match to claimed material is not guaranteed, due to variations in the manufacturing process.
XII. This warranty covers the replacement of the defective material. It does not cover labor, removal, fabrication, or installation of material, or does it cover any other incidental costs that may be associated with the removal or reinstallation of material covered under this warranty.
XIII. This warranty is transferable only under the following conditions: the initial owner, as defined above, must have registered the warranty with Intl Stone Design USA Inc the registered owner must submit in writing to Intl Stone Design USA Inc the name and phone number of the new owner, as well as the address of the single family residence where All Quartz Surfaces is installed. In all cases, the new owner must follow the warranty guidelines for care and use in order to receive benefits under the warranty.
XIV. Any warranty that has been transferred will be prorated. That warranty will be valid only ten (10) years from original installation date.
XV. Intl Stone Design USA Inc is the final arbiter of all claims and interpretations made against this warranty and its determination shall be final. No one is authorized to make any claims or promises outside of this document on behalf of Intl Stone Design USA Inc.
1. This warranty does not cover any application for use in a commercial property, including but not limited to: areas open to the general public, rental properties, motels/hotels, temporary residences, or building designed for business.
2. All Quartz Surfaces is designed to provide a lifetime of use. However, improper use, application, or installation will shorten the lifespan of the product and such as will not be covered by this warranty. Such actions include, but are not limited to: mishandling of the product, excessive care and maintenance, and failure to follow proper installation practices.
3. This warranty covers interior installations only.
4. This warranty does not cover scratches or marring by chemicals, impact damage, or seam appearance or performance.
5. This warranty does not cover applications where All Quartz Surfaces is used as flooring material.
6. This warranty does not cover damage caused while securing mechanical fasteners directly to the product.
7. This warranty does not cover damage to the product caused by the installation of sink and/or hardware.
8. This warranty does not cover mitered edges where the joints were not correctly cut.
9. Impact damage, such as cracks or chips, is not covered by this warranty.
10. This warranty does not cover routine maintenance, such as the removal of water spots and stains, or damage that could have been avoided by performance of routine maintenance and daily care.
11. This warranty does not cover failures due to inadequate support of the installation, including, without limitation: bases structures, as well as overhangs in excess of 12” for 3 cm material.
12. This warranty does not cover installations of All Quartz Surfaces damage that is the result of dry cutting or polishing, such as chips and cracks.
13. This warranty does not cover installations of All Quartz Surfaces, by non-licensed installers.
14. This warranty does not cover failures that are the result of the fabricator or installer deviating from the recommended installation guidelines put forth by Intl Stone Design USA Inc for All Quartz Surfaces.
15. Fabricators, as part of the fabrication and installation process are required to visually inspect each slab, both prior to fabrication and again prior to installation, using the inspection criteria provided to them for All Quartz Surfaces by Intl Stone Design USA Inc. Any defects that were identifiable through the visual inspection process, but were installed anyway, are the responsibility of the fabricator and will not be covered under this warranty.
16. This warranty does not cover any damage or flaws in the material that are the result of the structural degradation by the fabricator including but not limited to: bending, curving, milling or reducing the thickness of the material.
17. This warranty does not cover any alteration of the finishes applied by the factory. The fabricator will be solely responsible for any issues that arise from the modification of the factory finish, specifically the creation of honed finishes. Only those colors listed by Intl Stone Design USA Inc as honed in the brochures, sample books and on the website will be eligible under this warranty.
18. Honed finishes will show wear marks from day to day use. Those marks are considered normal when dealing with a honed finish and will not be covered by this warranty. Intl Stone Design USA Inc wants you to get years of satisfaction from All Quartz Surfaces. Please be sure to read and understanding all aspects of having a honed surface in your home.
19. This warranty does not cover labor, removal, fabrication, or installation of material, nor does it cover any other incurred costs that may be associated with the removal or reinstallation of material covered under this warranty.
20. Although man made, each slab of All Quartz Surfaces is unique. Examples provided to customers and dealers may not be an exact match in color, hue, shape, or distribution of quartz to what is installed on any given application due to variations both in the natural properties of quartz, and the manufacturing process. These variations from the sample viewed will not be covered under this warranty.
21. Spots or blemishes less than 5/8” (16mm) are a natural part of the manufacturing process, are not considered flaws, and will not be covered under the warranty.
22. This warranty does not cover any damage that may be incurred while the material is stored or installed on a construction site prior to the owner taking possession. Nor does this warranty cover any damage done to the material as a result of a remodel process.
Intl Stone Design USA Inc is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of god, job site conditions, and architectural/engineering design, structural movement, acts of vandalism or accidental incidences.
Intl Stone Design USA Inc shall not be responsible in either contract or tort for any loss of direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of the use or the inability to use the product covered by this warranty. Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation damage, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
The foregoing is the complete warranty for All Quartz Surfaces and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether oral or written. Except as expressly set forth above, no other warranty are made with respect to All Quartz Surfaces and Intl Stone Design USA Inc expressly disclaims all warranties not stated herein, including, to the extent permitted by applicable Law.
Care & Maintenance
AllQuartz Surfaces is a high quality solid non porous product that is resistant to scratches, heat, and stain however; Quartz is not heat, stain and scratch proof. Quartz requires minimum maintenance and the following care and maintenance guidelines will help to keep the surface in immaculate condition for years.
2 - General routine care and maintenance
Quartz is highly resistant to stains caused by fruit juices, liquid food coloring, coffee, tea, wine, grapes, soft drinks, paints, nail polish and remover, automotive fluids, and permanent makers. If any of the above is spilt on the top/floor, immediately wipe off the stained area with any commonly available multi-purpose cleaner or household detergent and then with ordinary water. For more stubborn spills and stains, repeat the procedure several times and use a household scouring pad to remove the stain. It is possible that some of the stubborn stains may leave a light mark or very slight discoloration on the stones. The high gloss finish and extremely low moisture absorption of Quartz fully eliminates the need for any sealing.
3 - Preventing damage to bench tops from heat
Quartz is designed and manufactured to withstand moderate heat but the product is not heat proof. The Thermal – shock resistance is increased with the increase of the used thickness of the Quartz, a slab with the thickness of 3 cm is more resistant than a 2 cm slab. Like any other composite material, Quartz may be damaged by a sudden or lasting exposure to high temperature, mainly at the edges and cutouts of the product resulting in cracks. To prevent thermal shock, discoloration or other damages, it is necessary to use insulating pads when putting hot objects on the surface to open flames and prolonged contact with very hot pots. We always recommend using a hot pad or trivet, especially when using cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or toaster ovens.
4 - Use of common kitchen implements
Common kitchen implements including sharp knives won’t harm the Quartz, as it is made up of pure natural quartz particles. Continued use of kitchen knives on the bench tops could dull the polished surface. Care should be exercised when moving heavy objects and avoid dropping heavy kitchen tools
5 - Removing foreign materials
If food, chewing gum, nail polish, paint or any other foreign matter is found sticking to the top/floor, simply scrape away with a sharp blade or sharp plastic scraper. The metal surface used in scraping the dirt may leave grey metal marks on the surface, and ordinary scouring pads can easily remove them. Wash and rinse the surface in the normal way with water.
6 - Exposure to chemicals and solvents
Quartz can be permanently damaged by prolonged exposure to strong chemicals and solvents. It is advisable not to use hydrofluoric acid, any product containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride and paint strippers.
7 - Exposure to direct sunlight
Quartz slabs and tiles, when exposed to direct sunlight may result in color change and warping, it is advisable to avoid direct sunlight over a prolonged period on the surfaces.
8 - Maintenance of floors
Dust, grit and barrier materials from the floors should be removed on a daily basis by sweeping with a soft brush and when necessary by use of machine. Sand can scratch the Quartz based tile floors and the surfaces should be always kept free from dust, sand and soil. Quartz surfaces can be easily cleaned with warm water and mild household detergent, using a standard mop. Make sure the floor is completely dry before allowing people to walk on it.
9 - Maintenance of Honed Finish
Honed finish surfaces require more daily maintenance and care than the polished surfaces. The area exposed on a honed finish is more than the polished surface; hence any dirt, markings and scratches would be more obvious on a honed finish surface then on a polished surface. These makings can be removed using non abrasive cleaning products.
10 - Advise to installer
It is the duty of the installer to advise the customer of important aspects of how to Care and Maintain Quartz products.
11 - Brushed and Polished Finish
AllQuartz Surfaces offers you not only a wide range of colors, but of finishes as well; including
polished and brushed. Just as each finish has a different look; it also has slightly different
AllQuartz Surfaces is a beautiful and durable non-porous surface. Some colors are available
in our BRUSHED finish which offers the soft appearance of a lower sheen compared to
the POLISHED finish. The BRUSHED finishes require slightly more maintenance than our
polished finished materials. Since the brushed finish actually creates more surface area
to the material it has the potential to show more signs of living from daily use. Possible
marks from metal cookware or utensils; fingerprints, food and beverages, and other items
placed on, or moved across the countertop, may be visible on the surface. Most marks
can be easily removed with a cloth or sponge; or by using household cleaners such as a
cleaning eraser or carefully scrubbing with a sponge and a non-abrasive cleaner such as
Soft Scrub Advanced Cleaner®. Over time the Brushed finish will develop character and a
patina unique to each customer.
14 - Silica Warning
AllQuartz Surfaces is perfectly safe for delivery, storage and use as certified by GREENGUARD for indoor quality and by NSF for sage food contact as per ANSI051.
However, as other stone products, AllQuartz contains crystalline silica (quartz), which could be generated during the processing and fabricating (cutting, polishing, drilling, etc.) Crystalline silica is a material known to the State of California to cause cancer and link to other diseases, such as tuberculosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and kidney and autoimmune disease if appropriate precautions and protective measures are not properly employed.
Therefore, all fabricators and installers of AllQuartz Surfaces obligated to comply with all local and other applicable rules, regulations, ordinances, and laws regarding the application, handling, storage, fabrication and disposal of.
AllQuartz Surfaces strongly recommends fabricators and installers strictly adhere to the requirements of the International Labor Organization (www.ilo.org) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (www.osha.gov) to control Silica dust exposure and reduce health risks.